Kevin T. Shaughnessy
Download Contact Card (vCard Format)
Kevin Shaughnessy is an experienced patent attorney with over ten years experience in practicing all aspects of intellectual property law. Mr. Shaughnessy focuses his practice on preparation and prosecution of patents in the electrical and mechanical arts, litigation involving intellectual property rights, rendering legal opinions on patent validity and infringement, IP due diligence and freedom-to-operate studies, drafting client requests for reexamination of patents, preparing reissue patent applications, and representing clients in all other aspects of patent prosecution from initial disclosure to issuance of a patent.
Mr. Shaughnessy also has extensive experience with foreign patent preparation and prosecution, including opposition practice; strategic patent portfolio development; patent interference proceedings; trademark counseling and prosecution; and licensing.
Mr. Shaughnessy has experience working with a broad range of technologies, including medical devices and systems, semiconductors, telecommunications, optical systems, electronic devices and systems, clean energy technologies, mechanical systems, nanotechnology, and computer software. Prior to joining The Marbury Law Group, Mr. Shaughnessy practiced patent law for a large patent boutique in Massachusetts.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2000), magna cum laude
- College of the Holy Cross (B.A. History, minor in Physics, 1997)
Admissions & Courts
- Admitted to Practice in Massachusetts
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Admitted to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Registered Patent Attorney
- Boston Patent Law Association