Scott A. Bergeson
Download Contact Card (vCard Format)
Scott Bergeson practices as a registered patent attorney who currently assists clients on intellectual property matters including patent prosecution. Scott works with a wide variety of technologies including the electrical, chemical, and mechanical arts.
In law school, Scott focused his education on intellectual property. He earned the intellectual property certificate, participated in the Richmond Intellectual Property and Transactional Law Clinic, and served as the Articles Editor of the Richmond Journal of Law and Technology.
Prior to law school, Scott worked as a chemical process engineer for Dow Corning Corporation in chemical process design. His work included designing and developing new silicon based process systems for a number of products. During his undergraduate studies, he interned with two pharmaceutical companies gaining experience in small-molecule research and in developing internal project engineering standards.
- University of Richmond School of Law (J.D., IP Certificate, with distinction, 2012).
- Michigan Technological University (B.S., Chemical Engineering, cum laude, 2008).
- Registered Patent Agent
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- The Pauline Newman IP American Inn of Court (Member, 2012-2013).
Publications & Recognition
- Scott Bergeson, Note, A Vaccine Approach to the Reverse Payment Illness, XVIII RICH. J.L. & TECH. 14, http://jolt.richmond.edu/v18i4/article14.pdf
- Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Association Award for Excellence in Intellectual Property Law, 2012.