Robert M. Hansen
Download Contact Card (vCard Format)
Robert (Bob) Hansen was a founding partner of Hansen Huang Technology Group, LLP which merged with Roberts Mardula & Wertheim, LLC to form The Marbury Law Group. Mr. Hansen has extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property law, including patent preparation and prosecution; patentability, validity, and infringement opinions; sale and licensing of intellectual property; strategic patent portfolio development; and litigation. Mr. Hansen has particular patent technical expertise in computer software, electronic devices and systems, medical devices and systems, telecommunications, energy systems, and mechanical systems. He also practices in the areas of trademarks, copyrights, business start-up counseling, business contracts and mergers & acquisitions. Mr. Hansen previously practiced law with two nationwide law firms, focused on patent prosecution, litigation, client counseling, licensing, and procurement.
Mr. Hansen is also a frequent volunteer at the Mason Enterprise Center, which is the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) for Virginia’s Fairfax and Loudon Counties, in which he provides business, M&A, and legal counseling to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Mr. Hansen also has 20 years of real world experience as an engineer, program manager, and business executive in Fortune 50 companies and “Green Field” startup companies. With hands-on experience in business management, fund raising, acquisitions & divestitures, IP portfolio management and engineering team management, Mr. Hansen understands the challenges of business and speaks the language of corporate and start-up clients alike.
- George Mason Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 1999)
- Virginia Tech (graduate studies in Computer Science)
- University of Florida (M.S. Nuclear Engineering Sciences, 1978)
- University of Florida (B.S. Nuclear Engineering Sciences, honors, 1977)
- Licensed to practice law in Colorado, District of Columbia, and Virginia
- Registered Patent Attorney
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Robert Hansen, Patent Basics Every Researcher and Engineer Should Know, in Thermoelectrics and Its Energy Harvesting: Materials, Preparation, and Characterization in Thermoelectrics 24-1 (D. M. Rowe ed., 2012).