Shauna Miller Wertheim
Shauna Wertheim, Co-Managing Partner at Marbury Law Group, practices complex commercial litigation and general civil litigation, with an emphasis on intellectual property and global brand protection. Ms. Wertheim practices in federal and state courts, at both the trial and appellate levels regarding patent, trademark, and copyright infringement; unfair competition, trade secret, false/misleading advertising matters; and Lanham Act claims; computer, Internet and high technology claims; and employment law disputes encompassing intellectual property matters, including theft of trade secrets. Ms. Wertheim also has experience in conducting both buyer and seller side IP due diligence.
Ms. Wertheim also practices before administrative agencies and tribunals, including in Section 337 Investigations at the U.S. International Trade Commission, and in opposition, cancellation, and ex parte appeal proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She counsels clients in a wide spectrum of industries about global protection of their utility and design patents, trademark, trade dress, trade secret, copyright, and other IP rights, and has extensive experience in prosecution, licensing, and enforcement. Ms. Wertheim routinely provides counseling on all aspects of employer-employee relations, including drafting of employment agreements, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
For the past 16 years, Ms. Wertheim has been an instructor for the DC Bar CLE program, presenting "How to Protect and Enforce Trademark Rights."
- Georgetown Law Center (J.D., 1984); Clinic: Institute for Public Representation
- Harvard-Radcliffe College (B.A. American History, Magna Cum Laude, 1981)
- Elected to Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Admissions & Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia, Maryland, and District of Columbia Bars
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- American Intellectual Property Association (AIPLA)
- U.S. International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association (CITBA)
- Litigation and Intellectual Property Sections of Virginia, Maryland and District of Columbia Bars
Publications & Presentations
- Contributor, Case Summary Project, AIPLA Trademark Litigation Committee (2013-2015)