Export Control Compliance
When the Commerce Department recommends interaction with the Department of State for a classification of your product or service, we prepare documentation and argue for the most favorable treatment of the products and services involved.
If your company sometimes hires foreign nationals under appropriate visa requirements, The Marbury Law Group will evaluate the country of origin of your employees to insure that you are in compliance with the “deemed export” rules of the various controlling government agencies, and recommend the appropriate steps to avoid any export rule violations.
The Marbury Law Group will also run checks on all of your customers to insure that the “know your customer” rules are complied with through effective restricted party screening.
If you are involved in a merger or acquisition with a foreign company, The Marbury Law Group will advise you or your M&A counsel on the deal structure to avoid and or mitigate Foreign Ownership Control and Influence (FOCI) concerns that may arise. The Marbury Law Group’s cleared attorneys can interact with a variety of Government Agencies including the Defense Security Service to establish the correct structure and reporting regime that will allow the merger or acquisition to proceed in the most effective manner.
Our Export Control Services Include:
- Third party submitter for Commerce Department licensing
- ITAR determinations and mitigation
- Establishing export control plan for companies
- Preparing and submitting Technical Assistance Agreements
- Preparing and submitting Commodity Jurisdiction Requests to State Department
- Assisting in structuring M&A to avert and mitigate export control issues